It’s simple and easy. Please follow the information:
How to use taxis in Iran?
Hail a cab
- You can find taxis in all cities, at all times of the day and night
- You have a choice of private or shared taxis
- The official Taxis in Iran are usually yellow and green
- Private taxis in Iran are called “Darbast” which means ‘closed doors’
- Shared taxis are called Savaari and can hold up to 5 passengers. There are vans if you need more seats (this is the cheapest way to use taxis)
- You can usually find taxi stands on most street corners
- Just wave and say your destination to the driver of the first car that stops
- If you want to book a taxi over the phone, just search online or ask the locals, which is the nearest taxi agency.
Dial a cab
Here are some well-known taxi services and their contact details:
Pakro Taxi: +981884
Bagh Asmooni: +981824
Tiraje Taxi: +981880
Online taxi services
Although Uber is yet to make its way to the Iranian market, it does have a few small sister apps in the major cities of Iran.
Take a look here for our recommended list of apps you should install when you arrive in Iran (and remember to get your Iranian SIM card).
How to use the Subway (Metro) in Tehran?
- The Subway (Metro) is easily accessible in Tehran and other major cities in Iran, such as Shiraz and Isfahan. They’re easy to use, affordable and will get you to your destination much quicker.
- There are usually subway stations near airports.
- The Subway map of Tehran is available here.
- Tehran Metro has an app that you can install here.
- One way tickets are 1000 Tomans (around 25 cents).
- You can also use a Metro Card and top it up as you go.
- You can also use your Metro Card for buses (even recently some official taxis outside Metro Stations).
- Rush hour starts from 7 am – 9 am and then again from 5 pm – 7 pm.
How to use buses in Iran?
- Bus Stations are quite easy to find. The signage is usually in English as well as Persian.
- BRT buses move faster on particular routes are good options to get away from the traffic.
- Remember that if you want to hop on a bus, you’ll need to buy an electronic ticket card.
How to hire a motorcycle in Iran?
- In a crowded city like Tehran, you can use bikes!
- It can be very dangerous but exciting! You should always remember to wear a helmet!
- The fare is negotiable, and you can bargain up to 50%.
- Motorbikes are active on the Snapp taxi app.
Leave A Reply